7 years is a long time between drinks.
I recently closed down all of my social media accounts & stepped away from the internet a bit more, mostly due to a desire to cut out unnecessary noise from my day & to also reconnect on a more personal level with friends & family.
While going through all of my accounts I found some old blog posts from 2011 with some dev times & information for using Rodinal developer for both stand & semi-stand development. I still use Rodinal, it’s been my “go-to” for as long as I can remember now, though for the last few years I have been experimenting with colder development times.
I’ll be putting up some information here, mostly development notes. Regarding film stock; I’ve most recently been working my way through a brick of Fomapan Creative 200 that Chris from Blanco Negro passed my way, shooting it at ISO 200 (via hand meter) – samples & dev routine below:
Film: Foma 200 Creative (rated 400) Developer: Foma R09 (Rodinal recipe developer)
- Mix developer 1:50 dilution (1 part developer to 50 parts water) at 10ºC (50ºF) temp
- Develop for 45mins total dev time
- Agitation cycle: 1min initial, 10 seconds every 5 mins until 45min mark
- I use water as a stop bath / rinse – I try to keep it at a colder temp (10º-18ºC)
- Fix as per usual, rinse & hang to dry
If you give this a go at all, let me know 🙂